Allendale is situated on approximately 53.84 acres of rolling Piedmont pastureland and timberland with frontage on the North River, which is a tributary to the Slate River. Allendale is located on State Route 648 ( Hall Road ) in the Maysville Magisterial District of Buckingham County, Virginia and is only a few miles from the Historic Village of Buckingham Courthouse. Allendale was built in 1845 by a Mr. Allen. Some time later Dr. William M. Swoope bought the place and reared a family of seventeen children there. Miss Ruth Swoope, the youngest of the children, married Mr. Tom Hall and they made it their home. Four Hall chidren grew up at Allendale but in 1973 the estate was sold to Mr. James Adams. The primary dwelling is of white weatherboarding. It is two stories high with a chimney at each end. A hall runs through the center of each story with a spiral staircase rising to the second floor. The walls are plastered and chair rails protect the plaster. The floors are of wide heart pine boards. A circular drive is bordered with white hydrangea and boxwood. There were two springs on the property. The water for drinking was called "Mint Spring" because of its fresh sparkling taste. The water from the other spring was used for general purposes.
Price: $350,000. (SOLD)
For more information on this transaction or other available properties, contact:
Jim Crews at 804.338.9932 or Gary Cline at 434.315.4095.